Friday, July 15, 2005

In the Immortal Words of L. Frank Baum...

"There's no place like home..."

I must amend this prolific statement with the following. "... And nothing like a familiar currency."

Though that doesn't ring quite as well, now does it?

I will resume with ruminations of a less plagiaristic bent as soon as I shake off my jet lag, G-d willing, most likely with a volume of detail higher than you had ever dreamed of asking for. Hopefully I will not loose my readership by boring you all into a stupor of excessive imagery.

But in the meantime, I will drop two hints pertaining to the countries I have visited over my leave of absence. Hence:

-In the first country, the primary method of survival for foreigners is to shut down your every social impulse and keep your mouth firmly closed.

-In the second country, patience is a patron saint in every occasion save those pertaining to public transportation.

Foreigners may indeed be correct in their generalizations, but I must admit the following sentiment with as fervent an expression as I can textually convey- It is very, very good to be a spoiled American.

And to all those to whom this pertains, I wish you a good Shabbos and a lovely, luscious reading of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

1 comment:

Keren Perles said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it!

But read HBP first...Can't wait to hear about that one as well...