Sunday, July 17, 2005

Unnecessary Numbers (Or, A Far Less Glamorous Odyssey)

In the seventy two hours since I have been home, I have had twenty-two hours of sleep. Yesterday, I collapsed into bed at eight PM. My eyes snapped open and two AM, and I couldn't sleep until eight o'clock last night, when my system gave in and let me sleep for an hour and a half before it was time to collect our four copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I felt like there were several bull rhinoceroses dozing on my back, and that I had been asleep since, oh, the 90's. And I still haven't started Harry, because on top of my exhaustion I gagged on an Advil last night, and went to bed at eleven thirty- twelvish.

And I wake up today, and stumble through five different room before I found a functional clock gleefully exhibiting that it was a quarter to seven. Then I remember that (oh, oh yes!) this clock is fifteen minutes fast.

I'm considering legal recourse.

No comments: