Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Twenty-Four Hours

Today, I sat the first half of my English Regent, and as a result wrote one of the ugliest, most insipid essays I can imagine remotely feasible. It was based on an article and chart about "irrigation and food production", and it was so horribly, wordlessly dull that I'm aching with boredom just remembering it. The other essay I had to write was on a passage read to us about vaudeville. English 12 has now destroyed any tender feelings I may have harbored towards that horrendous little miming, ethnically and socially diverse, universaly appealing entertainment stunt.

Oh, I hate Regents. Every single one, every single time is always like this. So deep and concentrated extends my loathing that I, who could give Hallmark a run for sentimentality, can barely summon up a shred of nostalgia at the thought of taking my last Regent. I cannot wait until this time tomorrow. Less than twenty-four hours.
Yes.

Tomorrow, I have to take the second part. At least it's a particle more stimulating. A thematic essay based on an article and poem incorporating 'literary terms' (another hideous contrivance), and a focus question that could be on absolutely anything.
Twenty-four hours.

(On a much, much happier note, JK Rowling has given birth to her third child, a daughter named Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray. Best wishes to Jo and her family!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the exam was so tedious- I found it to be the case, too, though I'm not sure which side of the desk has it harder...
I felt like something of a celebrity walking through the halls today, hearing a chorus of voices calling out my name (until I remembered why....)
And now, vacation!!! I am putting away my red pen and reading only that which I do not have to mark. It's gotten to the point where I'll pick up Dickens and find myself thinking (run on.. fragment... colloquialism...)
All the best from a fan

Anonymous said...

By the way, you passed the exam.