Thursday, March 24, 2005

Maintain the Chain

The wonderful author of Seraphic Press has tagged me for this survey. Aside from the honor, I am especially grateful because it gives me something to do on a fast day. I hope my answers satisfy!

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

The Crucible, by Arthur Miller. It's a amazing portrayal of prejudice, group mentality and perseverance. Valuable in any time.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Ahhh... well, yes. Leoff Ackenzal, from The Charnel Prince by Greg Keyes. He is a sweet, brilliant composer who risks his life to perform his music. Silly, and yet...

The last book you bought is:

Technically? The Kaplan Guide to the English Language and Composition AP. But I brought Shadow & Claw, by Gene Wolfe at the same time, so let's call it that.

The last book you read:

The Plot Against America, by Phillip Roth. Not my ideal experience, to say the least.

What are you currently reading?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, once again. The timing is ideal- it will be residual in my mind without running the risk of Potter overload.

Five books you would take to a deserted island.

(I'm going to extrapolate 'books' to mean 'series'.)

-The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
-Harry Potter 1-7
-Malazan Book of the Fallen Series
-A Song of Ice and Fire
-The New York Public Library Desk Reference.

Who are you going to pass this on to?

-Thunder of Spring
-ShirChadash
-Teach and You Will Learn

4 comments:

torontopearl said...

Believe it or not, M, I, too, had considered the New York Public Library Desk Reference for mention on my list. It's a wonderful resource of information and would take some time to get through. But the dictionary won out!
Have an easy fast and a freiliche Purim with your family.

M said...

You too, Torontopearl :-)

ilan said...

What, no Bible?

ilan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.