Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Tortoise Won the Race

I realize that my last post was a bit of a downer, and really rather jarring as a two-month wallpaper for my blog. But let's face it, shall we? College is hard. There is a lot to adjust to. Primarily, there is quite a hefty volume of paper that I now seem to be responsible for. Background readings, short assignments, syllabi, reports, textbooks, midterms (oh my!) It's more than I am accustomed to, and it's taking time to learn how to make a full course meal out of something that was once much-anticipated dessert.

But I'm getting used to it. I have met a number of very lovely people with whom I hope to become closer, and there are many friends from previous years whom I am learning to know even better. I can derive a real and consistent pleasure from at least one of my classes (naturally, this course is a workload heavyweight) and I even dabble in extra-curriculars.

I am going to be fine. I'm going to get to the end of this race. Slowly, steadily... Happily.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time, and I always had the impression that you were the "Bais Yaakov" type of girl. So, out of curiosity, do you go to a Jewish university?

M said...

I do, yes. Why?

Anonymous said...

I was just curious. Just trying to get a better picture when I'm reading your posts. Don't worry, I don't know you and I'm not a stalker. ;)

M said...

Quite alright :-)