Sunday, June 25, 2006

Never a Dull Moment... Yet

I'm afraid I've gotten used to being busy. I am decidedly ill equipped to cope with this difficulty.

You see, I've just spent approximately nine months steeped in a Cuisinart marinade composed primarily of study and haste. When I was not in class, I was going to class, or else I was leaving class and rushing to a meal. Baring this, I was hurrying to a supermarket, or trying to make it to the Kotel with daylight left, or rushing to catch the last precious minutes of hot water supplied to our dorm.

It was hard and fantastic, and more consuming than anything I had done before. Therefore now that I have returned to my lovely, comfortable abode, in which there is always hot water, and there is always food, and there nothing to do, I find myself in a quandary of boredom which appears entirely unfamiliar to me. Do to this (I suspect? I hope??) I am also sustaining a decided lack of literary inspiration.

Well. Life will pick up.

It always does.

3 comments:

Keren Perles said...

Life will not pick up. You will pick up life.

I am not one to speak here, but...This is the time that matters. The time that's YOURS, where you have the CHOICE to learn, where you don't have inspiration shoved down your throat. Why don't people join chessed organizations? Because they're too busy. Why don't people send random cards to their grandparents, or offer to babysit for the woman down the block who just had a baby, or call the classmate whose parents didn't let her to seminary who's been missing her classmates and wondering why they're not calling her now that they're home?

Because they're too busy.

Are you?

M said...

Thank you Stx- you've given me something to think about.

(By the way- Mazal tov!! May you use all your talents to build a wonderful home and future with your chassan!)

Keren Perles said...

Amein! Thank you!