Saturday, June 17, 2006

Life as I Know It

Dear World;

You have changed over the past year. Changed rather a lot.

I know you might disagree- "So I'm a little older," you might protest. "Does that mean I'm any different?"

Yes, my dear world, you are different. You are a little bit smaller from the last time I really looked at you. (Are you appeased?) You are also more transparent, and somehow infinitely more colorful. Most of your lines are sharper, though many seemed to have blurred beyond scrutiny. You are more cruel than I can comprehend; you are sweeter than I can imagine.

Dear World, change is frightening, I know. That moment when you gaze into your mirror of cosmos, when you turn back the pages of the diary written in stars, and you do not recognize yourself... Is there a greater pain or terror in existence?

But look close, my friend- Read between your careful lines. Oh, how you have grown! Pure, living reality has sprung from rote facsimile. You have learned to breathe on your own, to take your careful steps around the Universe all on your own. You can see for yourself, for now you can truly see.

The World that was was wonderful. The World that is is real.

And there is ever work to be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! We love you and are thrilled that you are part of our world again. Your writing is still amazing- your accomplishments a thrill for us to note and you are as always- a gift-
Your loving family...........

Anonymous said...

Ditto that! (By the way, does anyone else cringe at the "1 comments" ?? Argh)
-MN, and wannabe member of the family :)