Sunday, December 11, 2005

I Walk

Today I walk
Up heaven's hills
In stolid steps of petty ills
I go whither my concsience wills...
I walk.

Some days I walk
In mountain-sky
The sun assaults the brown and dry
On feeble footing, far and high...
I walk.

I walk in desert, sand and sea
Alone, in friendly company
Where never had I thought to be,
I walk with them
I walk for me.

At night I walk
In sleepy knolls
In foreign yet familiar roles
I sing as sleep assaults my soul...
And in my dreams
I walk.

6 comments:

ilan said...

Hmmmm...I like it.
I want more - more metaphor, more fresh imagery, but I like it.

Keren Perles said...

I like it. It feels dreamy, kinda floating...

I wonder what the lines "I walk for them/I walk for me" mean. Hm...

And I've very rarely seen amateur writers use alliteration so seemlessly. Looking forward to seeing more poetry - and prose too! How's your seminary year going? Trust me; if you blog about it now, you'll enjoy reading the posts again later...

Eli7 said...

Stx, "seamlessly." Sorry...

M, it's absolutely beautiful. I generally hate repitition, alliteration, and rhyme in poetry, but I thought that this was just beautiful.

I hope seminary is everything you've dreamed of and much, much more. And I hope you're having a great time.

Keren Perles said...

Eli7, I deserved that.

By the way, it's "repetition."

I know, you did that just to make me feel better...

(And incidentally, I paused for a second after writing the word "seemlessly" and then said, eh, doesn't matter, nobody'll notice"...and then emailed it to you.)

Eli7 said...

I deserved that, I s'pose.

Anonymous said...

wow really beautiful m!