Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Don't Want to Say...

Every day, I check my blog. I know nothing is new, of course, just as I know perfectly well I haven't come near this dear "Create Post" page in over a week. But still I check, hoping for a comment, an inspiration, secretly wishing that I've put up something brilliant in my sleep. But there is only the same, because this blog is mine, and it is my own responsibility.

This blog has been mine for almost half a year. Six months of joy, of tears, of giddiness at the realization that people enjoyed and, even more, respected all of my silly little bits and pieces. I could not believe, could not even imagine that so many wonderful, fascinating strangers would care so much.

But I have not posted for a while now, because I know that every post could be my last, my inevitable empty goodbye. I am leaving for Israel on the 5th of September, and I do not think I will be able to maintain my blog when I am there, though I'm sure I will have more inspiration than I ever could have hoped for. Sooner or later, I will have to say goodbye.

This is not goodbye. This is a test for myself, a defiant challenge to the harness of laziness weighting my shoulders. I will post again before I leave, as often as I possibly can. I will determine the force of my farewell. And I will not be overcome by the inevitable.

So until tomorrow...

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already... but I'll see you tomorrow.
~GZ

Keren Perles said...

Where are you off to?